8.L.4 Understand the evolution of organisms and landforms based on evidence, theories and processes that impact the Earth over time
8.L.4.1 – Summarize the use of evidence drawn from geology, fossils, and comparative anatomy to form the basis for biological classification systems and the theory of evolution.
8.L.4.2 – Explain the relationship between genetic variation and an organism’s ability to adapt to its environment.
- What is Evolution?
- Evidence of Evolution
- What is Natural Selection?
- Information on Extremophiles
- WWE – Info on Endangered (Animal) Species
- Smithsonian’s Interactive Timeline of Human Evolution
- PBS – Evolution (videos, game, quiz)
- NOVAs Evolution Page for Students (with videos)
- Animal Classification
- Untamed Science
- WS:Natural Selection
- Unit Study Guide
An awesome case of mimicry…these are orchids, not monkeys. Monkey orchids: