- Use the concept that p ∝ n to determine the partial pressure of a particular gas in a mixture.
- Determine by experiment the volume of a mole of gas at STP.
- Develop and use the ideal gas law equation to determine the number of moles in a sample of gas not at standard condition.
- Relate the molar concentration (molarity) of a solution to the number of moles and volume of the solution.
- Use information regarding molarity and volume to determine the number of moles of a reactant or product in a given volume of solution.
- Sketch energy bar graph diagrams to represent energy storage and eventual transfer in exothermic and endothermic reactions.
- Extend the use of the BCA table, first used in situations where the mass of reactant or product was known, to cases involving volume of a gas or solution or energy of reaction.